An Overdue Release

 I sit here alone

Not knowing where I belong.

I now see the worst in everyone.

Its all wrong.


There used to be a space 

Where I felt loved.

Now I stand on its ashes

Staring at the mirror, my reflection holds the matches. 


Its funny how much a revelation could change.

Like the storm caused by the flap of the butterfly.

I watched my world collapse

As I chose not to live a lie.


Should I have been silent

Should I have forgiven

The monster that feasted on my fear?

Or should I have obeyed

Should I have borne

The experiences I was taught to endure?


the strange truth is,


All had asked for, was love.

All I had to give, was love

As a child I never knew any better

Instead, upon me were bestowed

Landslides of spite and snark,

Unending thunderstorms of wrath

My tears then rained on my own blood bath.


Mama, I am afraid, I cry

Only to realize your love already ran dry.

Ah shush you yell without batting an eye

Then you sit and wonder why

I left, you and your precious beast

Drained of affection but free, at least

The fables had misled me

But I can now see crystal clear.

My end is near.


aarya rajguru.







Comments

  1. Its heavy but in a very beautiful way ! My favourite line ''Now I stand on its ashes

    Staring at the mirror, my reflection holds the matches. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did get intense, but I'm glad you found some beauty in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Should I forgive the monster that feasted on my fear..." love that line.
    Good poem. Well done...

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness for me.

seriously tho.